To provide good, basic, comforting food in a warm,
fun, convivial atmosphere.
will do, typed in the usual manner.
|Please take a moment and sign up for our Café newsletter.
Just send us an email to the address below with the
words "Café - subscribe" in the subject line.
We won't share your information and we promise to send
yummy news now and again.
Thank you interest and encouragement and
we look forward to seeing you soon.
Christina and company
This is our opening menu, what we are making now. Things are changing and
growing quite rapidly. We are committed to serving the gluten free public as well
as everyone else, and we love to make bread! We always have GF bread
available for any of our Toasts or Sandwiches.
We make our own stock for all but our Vegan Soups, for which we use a certified
GF stock. All the Soups are gluten free and most are dairy free as well.
We bake several desserts each week, most often yummy GF treats that fool
nearly everyone and make the GF among us swoon.
We also make our own Ice Cream! It's probably the best you will have. We love
to invent new flavor combinations such as Cookies & Cream Fudge and
Smoking' Mocha, a coffee flavored ice cream with Hickory Smoked Almonds.
Each week we publish an updated menu, available at the Polka Dot Café only, with
the current list of Breads, Soups and Ice Creams. We often mention the items on
FB or you can call us for the information.
You may pre-order specific flavors of Bread or grab a loaf that is on hand. Ice
Cream is available by the pint and Soup is packed by the quart. Some items are
available frozen for your convenience as well.
Call us at 908-638-9066 or send a note to the address below. We'd love to hear
|We are OPEN!
Look for the RED "OPEN" banner flying outside.
Wednesday through Saturday, 10 to 4 and Sunday 11 to 4 p.m.
Lunch and dessert - "homemadeatopia"
Selection of Homemade Bread varies weekly. We usually have Oat and Multi
Grain with a third variable selections such as Tomato Basil or Wheat.
Regular Toast with Butter $1.50
Avocado Toast $4.50
Hummus Toast $2.50
Cream Cheese Toast – asst. flavors - $2.50
Peanut Butter Toast $2.50
Almond Butter $4.50
Cheesy Toast with Tomato (1 slice) $4.50
Sandwiches on Toasted Homemade Bread
Chunky Chicken Salad with Basil Mayonnaise, Tomato and Iceberg
Cheesy Toast, an open face grilled cheese with our House Blend of Cheeses
and Tomato slices $7.95
Peanut Butter and Jelly - 2 or 3 jam options, along with crunchy Iceberg Lettuce
Almond Butter $8.95
Egg Salad Sandwich with Lettuce $7.95
Homemade Soup of the Day $5.95 bowl (all GF, most dairy free)
We usually have a few kinds of soup available, at least one vegan, just check
our board on the side of our refrigerator.
• Cup of Soup $3.00
• Single slice of Cheesy Toast $4.50
• Half a Chicken Salad Sandwich $4.95
• Half a PB & J Sandwich $3.95
• Half an Egg Salad Sandwich $4.25
Personal Pizzas & More
• Regular – sauce and cheese $5.95
• Extras are $.50 per veggie, $1 per protein
• Great Buns! Stuffed Buns with a variety of meats, cheeses,
sauces & veggies Starting at $3.50
• Berry Crumble – GF – flavors vary $4.00
A la mode $6.00
• Cookies – assorted flavors $1.00
• Coffee Cake – GF – flavors vary $2.50
• Brownies – GF $3.50
See the board for Flavors of the Day
• Handmade Ice Creams small/teacup $3.50 Vanilla is always on hand,
Medium/bowl $4.50 usually a chocolate and
• Also available: Regular Cone often one other flavor.
• GF Cone + $.50
• Waffle Cone + $.50
• Ice Cream on a Brownie – GF $6.50
• Ice Cream Float $6.50
• Sky Roast Coffee – locally roasted, award winning
• Tea – black, green, herbal $1.50
• Iced Coffee in a frosty mug $2.00
• Iced Tea – black, green, herbal in a frosty mug
• Bottled drinks – sodas & Perrier $2.00
• Poland Spring Water $1.00
• Cider in Season – cold $2.50